Since 1999, Quejos Ancient Foods Inc. has been making gluten free baked goods using only natural ingredients. Our Brand is growing rapidly and will soon be available all across Canada.
We offer careers in the fastest growing sectors of natural foods; gluten free, dairy free, vegan and fermented products.
We welcome a positive attitude, dedication, a sense of pride in work well done, creativity and new ideas and we are currently seeking for a Food Process Control and Machine Operator (NOC 9461) to start immediately.
As full time Food Process Control and Machine Operator your main responsibilities are:
- Manage and monitor food equipment set up to verify specified processing conditions and make adjustments to process variables such as baking times, ingredient inputs, dough portioning, air pressure
- Control food equipment and machines through control panels to mix, blend, portion dough to process gluten free baked goods and to bag, sealed, box and package finish baked goods
- Maintain Production log and daily work orders relevant data such as ingredients and production lots, quantities, weights, and flavours of products processed and packaged
- Set up and adjust food processing and packaging machines in preparation of daily operations
- Complete corrective machine adjustments, clean machines and maintain clean immediate work areas
- Inspect products for defects and compliance to company quality standards and adjust machine as necessary
Key requirements and education:
- Completion of high school diploma is required. Post-secondary degree is not required, but some higher education in industrial or food engineering and related fields will be consider a great asset.
- Flexibility in schedule for this position is a must – Flexible production shifts
- Ability to read, speak and write English. This company manufactures ethnic Latin-American baked goods, Spanish is not required but it will be consider an asset.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good personal hygiene and team player attitude is a must
Work experience: 2+ years working in food industry at least 6 months work experience in Canada so applicant is familiar with Canadian standards.
Full time employment, 40 hours/week, Wages: $17 per hour.
Factory location: #6-8075 Enterprise St., Burnaby BC, V5A 1V5
Contact information: Maria Cabrera
Please submit your resume by MAIL ONLY to our factory, address above ( WE WILL NOT RECEIVE IT IN PERSON OR BY EMAIL ).