Since 1999, long before it became a trend, our innovative company was making gluten free baked goods using only natural ingredients. Our Brand will soon be available across Canada. We are a hard-working, dedicated and fun team that is growing quickly.
We welcome a positive attitude, dedication, a sense of pride in work well done, creativity and new ideas. We offer careers in the fastest growing sectors of natural foods; gluten free, dairy free, vegan and fermented products.
As a full-time Commercial Baker, your main responsibilities are;
- Assist the Plant Manager in planning and managing production
- Participate in the process of commercial scale bakery production, packaging, storage, shipping and receiving
- Assist in the management and maintenance of equipment
- Participate in the process of product development including formulations, processing and testing
- Maintain a CLEAN and SAFE workplace in accordance with Food Health Guidelines, take pride in a CLEAN ON THE GO and SAFETY FIRST attitude.
- -Minimum TWO YEARS of commercial bakery experience
- -Flexibility in schedules as production requirements grow
- -Understanding of FOOD SAFE and general SAFETY procedures
- -Ability to lift 50 – 60 lbs. is REQUIRED; general physical fitness is an asset
- -Good personal HYGIENE is a must
- -Ability to both welcome and offer constructive criticism is a MUST
- -Team player attitude
- -Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a TRUST based system
- -Mechanical aptitude is an Asset
- -Attention to detail and a quality first attitude
- -Basic computer and math skills
- -Ability to read and speak English
- -Post- secondary food program training is an asset
If you have a passionate and positive attitude, are detailed oriented, take ownership of tasks, believe in a quality workplace and are teamwork oriented please submit a current resume and cover letter. Three recent work references are required. Salary is negotiable commensurate with qualifications and work experience; a generous benefits package is available after three months. Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Burnaby, BC
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: Two years’ commercial baking
Required language: English